We welcome all individuals who work for NHS Coventry and Rugby CCG and Warwickshire North CCG. The network acts as a forum, giving voice to staff so that they can engage with the CCG through events, talks and communications relating to equality, diversity and inclusion strategy and plans.
What does the staff network do?
Our people are our greatest asset. When we feel supported and happy in work, this positivity reaches those very people we are here for, the patients. Our staff network will support a fairer and more diverse NHS for everyone.
- tackle issues for underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and individuals
- offer a place to come together, share experiences and facilitate learning and development
- help shape and deliver our organisational strategy and policy
- improve the staff experience on specific issues relating to each protected characteristic
- arrange events to raise awareness and celebrate diversity
2020 work programme:
Our focus this year will be LGBT and race. You can view our full 2020 work programme here.
What we’ve achieved so far:
- Black History Month information circulated to staff across CCGs
- Future learn courses offered to staff across CCGs
- Report Hate Crime Training delivered to staff across CCGs
- LGBT History Month displays and information circulated
- Rainbow Badges Initiative deployment across CCGs and Primary Care
- Reducing inequalities in BME patient experience of cancer care videos- raised awareness through Cancer Leads
- Improved capturing of Demographic Of Staff
- Provided access to National and Local Webinars on Impact of COVID-19 on BAME
- Reverse Mentoring sessions implemented with Execs as mentees.
- Big E&D Event
- Pride attendance- Warwickshire, Coventry
- Equality Index & Diversity Champions Programme
- National Inclusion Week
- National Coming Out Day
- Diabetes Day
- Trans Day of Rememberance
- World AIDS day
- International Disabilities Day