Giving up smoking is the single most important thing you can do to improve your health.
Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to give up smoking. Whether it’s because of a desire to improve your own health, save money or to break free from the addiction to nicotine, it’s never too late to quit and the NHS is here to help.
- Quitting significantly reduces the risk of developing life threatening diseases such as: lung cancer, heart disease, stroke and emphysema.
- Quitting saves a lot of money. A 20 a-day smoker spends over £2,000 a year on tobacco.
- Quitting improves your fertility and your chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Quitting will save those around you from the dangers of second-hand smoke.
- Quitting will significantly reduce the chances of your children becoming smokers.
To find out which stop smoking service is best suited to you please call: 0800 051 1310. (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
We're very sorry, but an unexpected error occured.
The NHS Library relies on external content, which may sometimes be unavailable.
Please try again soon -
alternatively, you may wish to Visit the NHS, which features all
content held within the Library and much more.