Our vision for the future of health and healthcare in Coventry and Rugby is one of clinicians driving the design of clinical services which benchmark well against the very best in the country to deliver significant improvements in the quality of life and life expectancy for our local population. This vision builds on the core values and principles of the NHS - a comprehensive service, available to all, free at the point of use, based on need, not ability to pay. The NHS core values and principles set out how the NHS will:
- put patients at the heart of everything the NHS does;
- focus on continuously improving those things that really matter to patients - the outcome of their healthcare;
- and empower and liberate clinicians – such as GPs - to innovate, with the freedom to focus on improving healthcare services
CRCCG has developed the following visions and values:
- To improve the health and wellbeing of our community
- To provide the best possible patient experience
- To ensure choice, value for money and high quality care
- We will ensure our population receives fair and timely access to a choice of services which are safe, clinically effective and patient centred
- We will focus on health and wellbeing, preventing ill health and reducing health inequalities
- Services should be as local as possible
- Our resources should be used effectively and efficiently by investing in services that deliver quality and best value for money
- We will be responsive and listen and work with the community, practices and partner organisations
- We will enable and empower our workforce and members to be the best they can
CRCCG’s website provides a range of information and links to statutory information that CRCCG is required to publish together with further information about CRCCG’s activities. Further sections on the web site provide information on how to be healthy, how to register with a GP or Dentist.
In the Consultations section of the web site, we have an area of the site dedicated to keeping Coventry and Rugby residents informed about health services in their area; consulting local communities about planned changes to health services; and involving communities when decisions are being made which will affect how health services are provided. Additionally, the Get Involved section provides information about the commitment that CRCCG has to meaningful engagement with communities, patients and carers to make sure that it commissions high quality, value for money health services for local people, based on patient experience and local feedback.
CRCCG provides healthcare to the widely diverse populations of Coventry and Rugby, and there is a section on the web site which provides information regarding how our health care commissioning and health care provision will aim to meet the needs of Coventry and Rugby's diverse communities, reduce health inequalities and comply with legal duties to promote equality, diversity & human rights. This can be found in the Equality and Diversity section of the website.
CRCCG is monitored and scrutinised by a number of external bodies, covering different aspects of its performance, such as professional conduct, services and adverse events. These include the care Quality Commission, External Auditors, the Nursing and Midwifery Council and General Dental and Medical Councils.