All Primary Care Trusts were abolished on 31st March 2013. This has resulted in the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) run by NHS Coventry and NHS Warwickshire being closed.
Chair recruitment - Have you got the passion to get patient and public voices heard?
Healthwatch Coventry works to give local people a voice in how their NHS and social care services are delivered and planned. We are recruiting to our volunteer Chair role; they will:
- Champion the public’s interests
- Influence decision makers
- Chair Steering Group meetings
They will listen and communicate well; uphold our values; and be impartial. Support is provided by theHealthwatch Chief Officer.
Find out more from www.healthwatchcoventry.co.uk or phone 024 7622 0381 (option 5) or email email@example.com
The closing date is 28/11/18.
**Please note Healthwatch Coventry has moved to a new office details can be found here.**
Healthwatch Coventry is the local, independent champion for health and social care. We represent the interests of local people in NHS and social care services.
- Public Information helpline - if you have a question about local NHS or care services contact the Healthwatch Coventry information line on 024 7625 2011 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Independent Complaints Advocacy – Healthwatch Coventry can help those making a complaint through the NHS complaints procedure. We provide information and support to help you raise your complaint , contact us on 024 7625 2011 or email: email@example.com
- A feedback route – Healthwatch is a way to feedback your experiences of health and social care services to an independent body – we look for trends and issues affecting different people and use what we learn to set our programme of work and work for changes to services. You can talk to Healthwatch anonymously. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 024 7622 0381 option 5
Find out more about Healthwatch Coventry - www.healthwatchcoventry.co.uk
Warwickshire residents with queries about health and social care services can contact:
Various PALS services
Coventry patients can also still get advice and support from the following NHS PALS services:
For support regarding healthcare provided at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust – University Hospital, Coventry, and the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
Tel: 0800 028 4203 or email email@example.com
For support relating to community health services in Coventry or mental health and learning disability services provided by the Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust please contact:
Tel: 024 7653 6804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
West Midlands Ambulance Service also has a PALS service:
Tel: 01384 246370 or email: email@example.com
NHS Commissioning Board Local Area Team
For information or queries about local primary care services (GPs, NHS dentists, Pharmacies etc.) you can contact the NHS Commissioning Board Local Area Team for Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire:
For information about the local Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group and its work you can contact:
Information about local health services is also available at NHS Choices: www.nhs.uk
Coventry City Council
The City Council also commission a variety of other local sources of information about health. You may access information about local social care services from the Coventry City Council –
Additionally you may be able to get information or support from the following:
Citizens Advice Bureau Coventry
A range of advice and information services are provided by the Citizens Advice Bureau in Coventry visit their website:
Tel: 02476 231999
Carers Trust Heart of England
The Coventry carers centre is now a part of Carers Trust Heart of England which is an amalgamation of Crossroads care and the carers centre.
Tel: 02476 101040 option 3
If you or someone you care for has a learning difficulty Grapevine may be able to offer help or advice:
Tel: 024 7663 1040
Coventry and Warwickshire MIND
If you or someone you are caring for has mental health needs you may be able to get information or support from Coventry and Warwickshire MIND.
Tel:024 7655 2847
For help or advocacy support to make a formal complaint about an NHS service please contact POhWER
Tel: 0300 456 2370