Out of Hospital Services: We want your views!
Working with partner CCGs in north and south Warwickshire, we want to give local people a consistent experience of care which feels seamless across the whole system. By commissioning ‘Out of hospital’ services differently we want to encourage:
- Reduced health inequalities and care variation
- Better care planning and use of preventative measures
- Greater support for self-care, more support signposting
- Fewer unnecessary hospital attendances/admissions
- Minimised length of stay when admitted to hospital
What are ‘out of hospital’ services?
‘Out of hospital’ services are a vital bridge between your GP and the hospital. They make sure patients receive the right care in the best environment for them and we want your help making sure we get them right for local people.
Some examples of Out of Hospital services include:
- Care for people with long-term conditions - e.g. community based management of stroke, diabetes
- Care Homes - offer accommodation and personal care for people who may not be able to live independently. Some homes also offer care from qualified nurses or specialise in caring for particular groups such as younger adults with learning disabilities
- Walk-in Centres - offer convenient access to a range of treatments and treat minor illnesses and injuries e.g. infections and rashes
- Social Prescribing - links patients to support in the community at the primary care stage and gives GPs a non-medical referral option that can complement existing treatments
- Care delivered by Integrated Neighbourhood Teams (INTs) – multi-disciplinary teams of health and social care professionals looking after people with complex conditions who have, or are at risk of developing, the most acute healthcare needs
- End of life care - the support given to people in the last months or years of their life. Different health and social care professionals may be involved in someone’s end of life care, It can also be delivered in a number of settings depending on the patient’s wishes.
Coventry: Wednesday 31st August 2016
16:30 - 18:30
Parkside House, Quinton Road, Coventry CV1 2NJ
Room G007 & G009
Rugby: Wednesday 7th September 2016
14:00 - 16:00
Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby CV21 2LN
Booking contact: Kate Montgomery
Telephone: 024 76246 176
If you are not able to attend any of the above workshops, we are still interested in your views. Please click on the link below to complete an online questionnaire which will feedback into the process.