NHS Prescription ordering direct (POD) service is the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription!
If you are trying to get through on the telephone during a busy time an alternative way to contact us is by completing the online call back request form below.
Alternatively you can text the word REPEAT followed by the name of your GP practice to 07903586972 e.g. for The Forum Health Centre text: REPEAT FORUM. A call handler will then call you back within 48 hours.
During the coronovirus pandemic the NHS POD has provided a way to order your repeat prescription when GP practices have been working behind closed doors. This means that the service has seen an increase in the volume of calls, whilst staffing levels are fluctuating due to self isolation cases. The call handlers are working extremely hard to answer all calls as soon as they possibly can, so your patience and understanding is really appreciated.
Currently, there are 42 GP practices in Coventry and Rugby that are signed up to the POD service, giving the opportunity for these practice patients to call a dedicated number to speak to an experienced call handler when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
The NHS POD Service is open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays
If you are registered at one of the GP practices below, you can call the NHS POD on the number to the right:
- Allesley Village Surgery
- Balliol Road Surgery
- Beech Tree Medical Practice
- Cheylesmore Surgery
- Copsewood Surgery
- City of Coventry Health Centre - Dr Bano
- Clay Lane Medical Centre
- Forrest Medical Centre
- George Eliot Medical Centre
- Gosford Green Surgery (part of the Godiva group practices)
- Govind Health Centre
- Henley Green Medical Centre (including the branch surgery)
- Hillfields Health Centre 1 - Dr Sani
- Holbrooks Health Team
- Holyhead Surgery (part of the Godiva group practices)
- Jubilee Health Centre
- Jubilee Healthcare
- Kensington Road Surgery
- Limbrick Wood Surgery
- Longford Primary Care Centre
- Mallings Foleshill
- Mallings Stoke Aldermoor
- Mansfield Medical Centre
- Market Quarter Medical Practice
- Priory Gate Practice
- Paradise Medical Centre
- Park House
- Park Leys Medical Practice
- Phoenix Family Care
- Sky Blue Medical Group (Green Lane Medical Centre and Harnall Lane Medical Centre)
- Springfield Medical Practice
- Stoney Stanton Medical Centre (part of the Godiva group practices)
- Stoke Aldermoor Medical Centre
The Forum Health Centre
- The Gables Medicentre
- Torcross Surgery
- Walsgrave Health Centre
- Westside Surgery
- Whitehall Medical Practice
- Willenhall Primary Care Centre 1
- Willenhall Oak
- Windmill Surgery
- Wood End Health Centre
- Woodside Medical Centre
- Woodway Medical Centre
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 5 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities, so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order 'just in case'. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medicines
Please click here to view the POD leaflet for more detail about the service.
Please click here if you want to read our FAQ about using POD and click here if you want to read our FAQ about other possible ordering methods if you don't want to use POD
The CCG is responsible for planning and commissioning of healthcare services and works closely with local people and organisations. If you wish to make a comment, complaint or share positive feedback, please click here.
The NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service is provided, on behalf of your GP practice by NHS Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group.
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Outside these hours or if you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call back.
POD Call Back Request
If you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call-back.
If the call back request is received before 2pm you will receive a telephone call the same day. Anything after 2pm you will be contacted the following working day. Therefore a call back requested on Friday after 2pm will not be handled until the following Monday.
If you would like to specify a time for a call back that is more convenient for you and is between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday please type this into the 'additional information' box. Although this can't be guaranteed we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.
All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key known only to the CCG and is accessed over a secure connection by nominated members. Our CCG has a strict confidentiality policy.
This information is not shared with any third party organisations.
On our website:
This information is retained for up to 28 days.
Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web,
please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.