A&E is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for immediate hospital attention due to a serious illness or injury. The rule is simple: Call 999 for an ambulance or take someone straight to A&E if it is an emergency or life-threatening situation.
An emergency includes things like:
• suspected heart attack or stroke
• suspected meningitis
• breathing difficulties
• chest pain
• heavy or uncontrolled bleeding
• suspected drug overdose
• sudden and severe headaches
• severe head injuries
• serious injuries such as impalement or stab wounds
• severe bone breaks, fractures or burns.
If you live in Coventry and Rugby, the nearest hospital to you:
University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry
West Midlands, CV2 2DX